I’ve always liked New Year’s resolutions. While you can start adopting new habits at any time of the year, I find that the approach of January gives me a much needed kick up the butt to motivate me to make some plans for the year ahead, both big and small. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having lot of resolutions as there’s a lot that can happen in a whole year 🙂 Even if I don’t get round to completing these until December, I’ll still have something to aim for in the meantime. Here’s my rambly 2017 “to-do” list:
- Eat at home at last 5 days a week (eating out is great for lazy people but bad for the wallet!)
- Try new recipes
- Make rough weekly meal plans
- Reduce/eliminate fizzy drinks
- Meal prep/Make batch meals and freeze them – I love the idea of not having to cook everyday!
- Eat more greens!
- Make pizza from scratch
- Bake bread from scratch
- More vegan baking!
- Give juicing a whirl (zing!)
- Cancel credit card
- Start a proper saving account
- Research being a freelance translator!
- Work more towards a higher level of financial freedom – very much inspired recently by Mark Boyle’s book The Moneyless Manifesto
- If I am on my phone to assuage severe boredom, I wanna read ebooks or blogs instead of mindlessly scrolling on social media
- Don’t go on Facebook everyday
- Try digital sabbatical weekends, or no electricity days (challenging but fun idea!)
- Declutter more
- Try no-shampoo methods
- Improve clothing repair skills, eg learn to darn socks
- Buy no new clothes
MISCELLANEOUS ZANY GOALS
- Go to one non European country
- Knit a baby blanket
- Do yoga stuff!
- Go on day trips more & explore Ireland!
- Occasionally go for walks in Salthill, as it is literally right on my doorstep…
- Read 52 books, unlike last year…
- Watch more foreign films
What are your 2017 goals?